Friday, October 16, 2009

2 days in 1

I did not quit! My computer did! The past two days I have gotten up and spent time on the elliptical meditating on God's word and exercising. However, my computer is broken and I am only able to post right now because I'm borrowing my sisters computer.

It makes a huge difference for me when I know others are praying for me and holding me accountable to this 21 day commitment. The past two days I've continued going because I want to fight the good fight. I want to finish the race and keep the faith. (2Tim. 4:7) I want to be consistent every day that I live on this earth so that when I stand before the Lord I will be found faithful.

To do this I have to change my thinking and the patterns that I have established over the past 35 years (in 2 days). The past two days I have really been working on not being conformed to this world, but being transformed by the renewing of my mind. (Rom. 12:2) I realize that I eat when I'm tired or bored. I become negative in my thinking when I'm tired or stressed. Today I did some fatigue eating. So this evening as I meditated on scripture and spent time talking to the Lord about this area of my life I realized I need to spend that time "eating" God's word instead of food. Or I need to change my negative thought pattern and turn to the Bible immediately when I feel tired. Then I can stop it before it even begins. So this starts tomorrow. The first feelings of fatigue or stress will be my signal to sit down for 5 minutes and focus on Jesus to fill me up again.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you and am so excited for you as you make this journey and learn these life lessons. Thank you for sharing them with us, for I have learned so much already. You are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete