Saturday, October 17, 2009

Perseverance

Why doesn't God just wave His hand over me and make me perfect? Why must I struggle with these habits and temptations? Life would just be so much easier if I got up every day singing and praising the Lord without a single other thought.

Then I read, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4) Good grief. Joy! Joy when I face the temptations and struggles! This is going to be very difficult but I know that the Lord will do this through me. He does not tell me to do something He doesn't make me capable of doing.

So while temptations come I will sing praises to the Lord and consider it joy!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! I love James 1. Thank you for reminding me that even in the trials God loves me enough to keep molding and teaching me.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete