Thursday, October 8, 2009

The first day.

Do you know how long 20 minutes is? It's a very long time. However, I am proud to report that at 6am this morning I got up and exercised. When the alarm went off my first thought was, "I hate to exercise. I don't want to do this." But I knew I had sent out this blog telling people to hold me accountable. So I got up.

The verse I meditated on was Psalm 34:17 "The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles." The problem I have with living a self controlled life has a lot to do with my negative thinking. I was once asked, "What is one thing you could do today that would change your life." The answer is easy....Change my thinking. So this morning when I didn't want to get up and exercise it was because I was thinking about how much I hate to do it. If I think about how good it makes me feel then hopefully my attitude towards it will improve.

Now for the big test. From 2-4pm is my happy hour or gluttony hour whichever you want to use. For some reason I want to eat everything during that time. That is when I will have to cry out to the Lord for deliverance! Please pray for me. I'm going to live by faith that I am free from the magnetic pull to the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment