Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here goes....

This is something I've thought about for a long time. It's easy thinking about something because at least you are doing something. Right? Well, the past week I read the book Crazy Love written by Francis Chan and I can no longer just THINK. I must act.

Over the past 34 years I have allowed myself to overeat, not exercise, daydream about winning the lottery, grumble, and complain all the while THINKING about the day that I get myself under control with the self-control the Holy Spirit offers. In the Bible it says "faith without works is dead." Francis Chan reminded me in his book that I can't just sit back and ask God to make me free from my gluttony or sloth or negativity or whatever it is that is bothering me. I need to live my life in the truth that I am already free from all of this and start living it. That's where faith comes in.

Tomorrow morning, with the Lords help, I will remove my body from the comfortable bed and start my exercise plan. This includes meditating on God's word while I work out on the elliptical then immediately spend some time in His word. Now I'm not going to go crazy and think I'm working out for a long period of time at the beginning (or maybe ever). I've always read that you need 30 minutes of cardio work to really do any good for you heart. However, once upon a time, I read that you could just do 20 minutes and get the same benefit. I choose to do just that. I think I can manage 20 minutes.

Now you wonder why in the world I'm blogging about this. Who in the world cares what I'm doing. People (most of my friends) love to exercise and they talk about how wonderful it is. Well, I hate it so I need people praying for me, encouraging me, and most of all by posting this I know I've got to be accountable. The next 21 days I will change my thinking, eating, exercise habits and when it's over I will be 35 years old. So, I'm thinking of this like a birthday gift to myself. I'm dreading pushing the "publish post" button. So, here goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment