Friday, October 23, 2009

Open my eyes so I may see.

If I were to pray and ask the Lord to rain down fire on an alter, would He? He did for Elija. (I Kings 18) It seems I have been drawn to Elija and Elisha and I've been thinking about them all day. God had the ravens feed Elija and both men prayed and asked the Lord to bring people back from the dead and He did it. God used them to do a lot of miracles. Does He still work like that today?

This made me look back over the last 35 years of my life and see the miracles God has done in my life. Believe it or not I was able to find a lot. Not only was I able to see where God's hand has been at work in my life, but I am aware that there are many things He has done and I don't even know about it. My eyes were not open to what was going on around me. That's why I've been reading 2Kings 6. Elisha and his servant were surrounded by the enemy's army and Elisha said, "Don't be afraid, those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, "O Lord, open his eyes so he may see." Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha." (vs. 16-17)

I want my eyes open to see the Lord surrounding me with His mighty army, ready to do battle on my behalf. "Ask and it will be given to you..." (Matthew 7:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment