Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am a Conqueror!

What is the "truth" Philippians 4:8 is talking about? One of the many truths of the Bible is Romans 8:37, "we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Conquerors is in the present tense. Not the future and not the past. That means today as I have temptations thrown at me I will conqueror them all through Jesus Christ. As I go about my day this verse will be constantly on my mind. When I look in the mirror I will say, "I am a conqueror." I might even try to look mean as I say it. Granted that will probably only make me laugh. As I run up and down the stairs doing laundry I will be saying, "I am a conqueror." And as I walk by the candy bowl I will say, "I am a conqueror." When a critical thought enters my head I will do a karate chop and say, "I am a conqueror." When negativity comes or thought of money wander through my head I will stomp and yell, "I am a conqueror!" If you happen to pass by my house today and see me doing karate chops or yelling or stomping you will know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment