Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh how I wish I had Oprah's money!

If I had Oprah's money I could hire someone to get me out of bed and exercise with me and cook all my meals so that they taste wonderful without any bad stuff in them. This takes me back to an area of my life I'm working on - discontentment! I have been blessed with so much and yet I want more. More money, more stuff, more house, more, more, more. What is wrong with me?

This morning I chose Phil 4:8 to meditate on. It talks about thinking about what is true. Instead of dreaming about what I wish I had I will think about how much I have. I live in a free country, I have a good job (that I love), I am able to worship the Lord freely, I have a nice home, I have a good husband, I have a healthy son, I am healthy, I am able to exercise, I am able to buy food, when I die I know I will see Jesus face to face and because of this I can lead a life of joy and peace. What more could a girl ask for?

Today discouragement and lies get kicked to the door. Today I will focus on my blessings!

2 comments:

  1. It is so easy to fall into the trap of wanting things we don't need. I know I am very guilty of this myself. Do I NEED a new cell phone, NO. The one I has works with a few problems but it suits my purposes fine. So why do I keep thinking of getting one? The same could be said of a new house, car or anything. I think God provides us with a way to achieve what we NEED. I will take today to be thankful for that and work on the envy I sometimes hold bor things other people have. I have so much, why should I want more. Five years ago I would have never dreamed I would be where I am today. Now, I just need to stop and appreciate it and thank God for His blessings. Thank you Debra for bringing me along on your journey.
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you friend! Your words are so encouraging!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete