Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Final Blog.

Neil Anderson says that success "is accepting God's goal for our lives and by His grace becoming what He has called us to be." When it comes to my health I must admit I have not succeeded. The Bible talks a lot about being self-controlled and self-control is one of the fruits of the Spirit. (Gal. 5:22-23)

"...let us be alert and self-controlled." (I Thes. 5:6)

"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control." (Prov 25:26)

Broken down and defeated in my constant striving (OK, really my desire to treat my body correctly). But that's not the end of the story because God has already filled me with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus. (Eph. 1:3) He has already given me self-control! I must live by faith.

"Anyone then who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it sins." (James 4:17) I know the truth, I know that I have been given self-control through Christ Jesus. As I read this blog I think it sounds like I'm defeated but I am not. I did not exercise today and I have no good reason for it. Maybe I was getting a little cocky! I started to think if I didn't set the time aside I would still get to it but today I did not. Tomorrow I really doubt I will because I have to leave so early in the morning and won't be home until rather late. I see that schedule for a few days ahead of me and I realize that I could possibly find myself right back where I was when this began three weeks ago. Lord willing that will not happen. The most exciting thing that has come from this time is my joy for my devotion time. It was worth every minute just to get myself back into the Word. That is something I do not want to lose. More then anything else in life I desperately need Jesus. I believe this makes me a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment