Friday, October 9, 2009

There's always something!

When I started this blog - two whole days ago, I knew I was scheduled to have an outpatient procedure done today (it's just an injection into my hip and tailbone). I also knew that I wouldn't be allowed to have any food prior to the procedure because they will be putting me to sleep. However, I thought I would be able to drink some water until maybe 8am therefore making it possible for me to do my 20 minutes. However, the nurse called me yesterday and told me I couldn't drink ANYTHING. So I began contimplating how painful it would be to exercise without drinking anything just so I could make sure I did it. My husband quickly discouraged me from doing it.

This is the very reason it is so difficult for me to get started doing anything. I constantly have something just around the corner. For example, my birthday, a vacation, a procedure, a dinner party, guests coming, and the list goes on. This time I decided to take the plunge and just figure it out as I go. So maybe this afternoon after the injection when I'm able to drink something I will do my 20 minutes. However, the past two times I've had this done I slept the rest of the day. We'll have to see.

On a brighter note I want you to know the Lord was faithful yesterday and I want to thank you guys that prayed for me because during my 2-4pm eating frenzy time I "called out to the Lord and He heard me."(Psalm 34:17) Just as He promised. I didn't even eat one bite. I was shocked! I shouldn't have been though because God has always been faithful. I've just chosen not to call out to Him.

This morning I had decided to still get out of bed early to spend time with the Lord and spend 20 minutes on my knees in prayer (this is something I never do and I will tell you it's great exercise). When my alarm went off the same thoughts went through my head, "I don't want to get up." But immediately the Lord reminded me "that the same Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in me." (Romans 8:11) It took that same Spirit to get me out of bed this morning. I'm pathetic I tell you. However, my time with Jesus was sweet and I will be meditating on this passage all day today as I face negative thoughts, discontentment, sloth, and gluttony.

No comments:

Post a Comment