Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Feelings of failure.

I did not exercise. When my alarm went off I just shut it off and tried to go back to sleep but I felt so guilty I just laid there with my eyes open thinking about how I should be exercising. After 30 minutes I got up and opened up God's word but my mind was so fatigued that I couldn't meditate or even concentrate on the words. I realize that exercise is what helps me get my mind energized for Bible study. Why then do I still prefer to stay in bed? I actually began to dread today as I thought about how defeated I was going to be in all the areas of my life that I'm working on. Especially my negative feelings and thought life.

That's when the Lord showed me that He will bring the victory for me today. I Corinthians 15:57, "Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." Today this verse will be my lifeline because the victory has already been won.

No comments:

Post a Comment